Bags, babies, beauty, and whatever else crosses my mind...

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review: Kodiak Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix!

I was contacted by Kodiak Cakes to review one of their products, and while I don't normally accept food reviews and initially was set to decline, I changed my mind after some consideration . The concept of a healthier box mix without preservatives intrigued me and I also appreciated that it is a family owned business, being a former entrepreneur myself.




So I accepted the review and received two boxes of their FlapJack Mix to review (along with a super cute apron!) - I set off to try my hand at making some pancakes!



They really are straight forward, dare I say... easy? To make... Instructions were quick to follow and it just took 1 cup of the mix to 1 cup of water, a bit of whisking, and we were off!

They cooked up quickly, 1 minute on the first side and 30 seconds for the second, and turned out great! The true test was the taste... and they passed with flying colors! I would definitely say they tasted better than "other" box mixes I had tried in the past, and I thought the consistency was great. Light and fluffy, not too thick or thin, the 1 cup to 1 cup ratio worked out great for me!



I will be looking for other Kodiak Cake products at my local Target stores, as most Target stores recently started stocking their products. Will let you know what I find in an upcoming Target haul!

See the full video review here:



** Items shown in this review were sent to the reviewer complimentary for consideration of the review. This was not a paid review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment